I know, you don't want to hear my complains. A notice, though. This post is backdated because it was originally composed for the last day of June aka Project Spectrum's months blue.
The everlasting sporadic internet encounters made it impossible.
But here you go.
Blue is not really my colour. Specially in clothes, the only thing you'll find me wearing will be jeans and m-a-y-b-e an old inherite T-shirt when painting.
On the look-out for blue colour in my life I could have only shown you my bath room. No, you don't want to see it, it's old and ugly.
I was planning a a-blue-sky-a-day picture collage. Unfortunately, June was a very rainy months. So rainy that when the sun finally showed, I had forgotten about my plan. Sigh.
But I saw a nice meme-thing over here and immidiately liked the idea. Kind of consuming blue, the blue book meme.
It works like that:
1. Grab the nearest book with a blue cover.
2. Open the book to page 86.
3. Find the first full paragraph.
4. Post the text in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find, just the closest blue book.
Since my German shelf is the nearest, I have to open the German translation of Umberto Eco's Focault's Pendulum. But the "paragraph" is a blast! Since it is a page full of dialogue, my paragraph is only a single line:
(we are surrounded by morons)
Because it is about blue, I thought the picture would be appropriate, too and I also decided to take the idea of the nearest blue thing a bit further. My nearest book shelf is a very sophisticated BILLY and BENNO arrangement and not only holds books but also CDs and DVDs. Blue ones, too.
But what to do with them? I could...
- Count the DVD's episodes"3"
- Choose the according track number from the CD and post this title."Glücklich und dumm" (Happy and stupid)
- Magically reveal some coherence with the book's paragraph!
- Google the CD track's and the DVD's title and post the third result.
(divorce rate hits new record at 46,6 %)
Okay, I admit. This is entirely stupid. But it was fun anyway.
And then I remembered: I had worked on the perfect connecting PS project. Dyed some yarn in May little bit of green, knitted in June (lots of blue) and anticipated wear in July (hints of purple).
A knitted item? Socks - what else?
Details in the sock post.