föstudagur, mars 09, 2007

You spin me right round, baby - and left!

I can't get this silly song out of my head when thinking about the RPM socks. And talking about head, the fact that this song also evokes memories in the direction of hair fashion in this glorious time makes knitting and thinking and talking about these socks quite a challenge.
But they are finished now (actually since before Christmas!) and they feel good!
Of course, in honour to their name and designer Ajia Goto's photo shooting, I had to dive into my record collection in order to model them approbiately. (Have you seen Ajia' latest knitty design?)

RPM in STR
I might have looked just like this on several occasions during the knitting process.
RPM in STR

Facts about RPM in STR:
Pattern:..RPM by Ajia Goto, knitty.com summer 06

Modifications:
...................
I reversed the purl spiral in the second sock to have one turning right
...................and one left or both inside (or outside, you know what I mean...)
...................Heel: Eye of Partridge heel instead of short-row
...................Toe: the one from Embossed Leaves by Mona Schmidt (IK winter 05).
...................I felt it just perfectly helped to carry some of the purl stitches from
...................the spiral into the toe and besides it is very comfortable with my feet.

Yarn:.... .Socks That Rock from Blue Moon Fiberarts,
...................light weight, colourway Scottish Higlands

Needles:.2,5 mm dpn bamboo

I have to admit that it was a very challenging process to knit these socks. I completely overlooked the tag tangy at knitty's - what the heck, knit and purl...? But, I frequently messed up the counting when moving the purl snake over the round's join. However, the pattern is a winner. I always liked the little purl bumps of variegated yarns and this spiral is also a nice twist to striped yarn. Great design.

10 ummæli:

Nafnlaus sagði...

Eye of Partridge is my favorite sort of heel. Nice socks! I liked that toe on EL but I think I left out the purl bumps on the bottom side... can't quite recall. I'll have to look in my sock drawer in the morning to find out.

Your BF pal

WandaWoman sagði...

Very cute socks. I do like those. You have to update your wip sidebar as those rpms are done! Pretty color too.

Unknown sagði...

these looks great carola!! i am currently knitting my own rpm socks and i have to concur it is a great easy pattern...that you can mess up really easily!

glad to see you are back and posting!

Theresa sagði...

I agree - knit and purl looks great in varigated yarns.

Courtney sagði...

I'm knitting this pattern right now and I keep accidentally doing a K3 instead of K6. Your socks look great, and they're inspiring me to press on. I might copy you and do an eye of partidge heel.

dorothee sagði...

Wow! What a cool pattern!

Nafnlaus sagði...

They look gorgeous!

Elinor sagði...

Great socks! I love Eye of Partridge heels. They look so crisp.

clothesknit sagði...

they look great! i do love that colorway and it works so well with the pattern!

Nafnlaus sagði...

Great socks!!

BTW....your Wee Tiny Sock is on it's way to you!! I can't wait to see how long it takes your pkg. to arrive in Iceland...all the way from the Southern United States! While filling out the customs form I was told 4-7 days for you to receive!