sunnudagur, ágúst 07, 2005

The biggest swatch ever...

Yippieh, camera is back home and therefore I can show you some progress on the sockpal-2-za sock. Actually being a "Lopi sock" now.
Lopi sock swatch

This is the biggest swatch I have ever made for a project. I am not much of a pattern follower and usually very unorganized (or impatient) when it comes to beginning a project.
However, I had to check out the fitting of the toe this way anyway, because my pal's feet are smaller and I am knitting downwards (even if looks a little like toe-up)


Should have said PROGRESS!
Lopi sock
There's a lot of Transcendentalism in this sock, I can tell you...
The deadlines for both, the Sockapal-2-za and my exam in American Literature, are approaching too fast!

13 ummæli:

Rachel sagði...

Wow, those socks are gorgeous! If you ever have a chance to write up the pattern, I'd love to try it. It looks like you're making good progress. I hope you are able to find enough time to get everything done!

Carola sagði...

Thank you, Rachel. I am very careful in knitting these socks (speaking in future terms still) and I should be able to cook up some universally understandable pattern from my notes. Keep pushing me on this. If I don't do it straight after the process, I will forget the tricky bits!

alison sagði...

What fabulous socks! Beautiful colors and the Lopi-style design is gorgeous. What a lucky pal you've got!

Alexandra sagði...

Sehr, sehr cool! Ich halte die Daumen für Socken und Prüfung (und dafür, dass ich Dein Pal bin).

Traci Sue sagði...

Wow! *again*

Donna sagði...

Carola, those are gorgeous! I would never have thought to use Lopi, but I'm officially coveting those socks now, and I can't wait to see your pattern. Nicely done!

Nafnlaus sagði...

Those socks are so pretty! Your sock pal is so lucky!

-Sarah G.
http://www.msu.edu/~goupellm/Personal/Sarah/And%20She%20Knits.htm

amanda sagði...

the pattern, the colors----well its all delish. can't wait to see the pattern.

CarryFairie sagði...

Wow! So beautiful, love the green and the patterning...

Shanidy sagði...

Those socks are so cool! We must have the pattern! Great job!

Carola sagði...

Wow, thank you all!!!
But damn.. I promised to put up the pattern right after the first comment! It would look slightly stupid now to wait hesitantly for another 10 comments before I do so, right? ;-)
I'm working on it and again: thank you all for your motivating comments!

Renee sagði...

Your socks look great! You seem to have the opposite problem from me. My pal's feet are quite a bit bigger than my teensy ones and I'm scared about the fit.

Thanks for coming over to Froggie Meanie! I have followed Kathy's tip and hidden them (I'm fairly certain I will find them again though).

erika sagði...

Oh, those will be wonderful socks! I love the green. What a great idea!