föstudagur, júní 23, 2006

Team spirit

Woohoo, my internet connection is working again. Alas, only 16% of the speed I should have (and pay for). But what the heck. This is still about 500 times faster than the connection I had since Monday and even that was infintely faster than the connection all the week before that - because there was none!

My thanks go out to all the participants of my little contest. I had some - HA! - many very nice comments already and I do feel very sorry about not having been able to reply to you yet. Also, the blogger system doesn't make it easy to track back people, therefore please be patient with me.

Now to the real content of this post. Remember the Summer of The Amazing Lace? I'm a joiner, did you know? How.. I brazenly ignored the two first challenges. I am feeling a bit ashamed because the hosts, Theresa and Rachel, are putting so much effort in this knitalong and get across such good summer and adventurous spirit. But how could I ever compete with so many hilarious contributions!?

I found a way! I'm going the cutie factor. And for quantity. Meet my teammateS:

Leo, teammate in 'Summer of Amazing Lace'

See, the kitten picture in the last post as just a warm-up. A couple of days later, I am happy to introduce my own cute trouble-maker! The little one came to us with the name Leó but some prefer to call him Adenauer or Rudi Völler*, which I completely refuse to agree to!
*"Because he looks just like hime" - Help!! Opticians over here! Or what are these guys bringing in the straitjackets called again?
Oh well, you want to know something about my Amazing lace team mate.
Its the Diamond Fantasy Scarf from Sivia Harding, which I chose with recommendation from Kris aka strikker. Thank you, Kris! [check out her finished scarf here!]
Leo, teammate in 'Summer of Amazing Lace'
The amazingly curious and normally hyperactive little lion cub soon approved my choice of yarn. For my first serious lace project I wisely chose sock weight: the incredibly colourful and soft but springy Cherry Tree Hill yarn I got from Becca in Amanda's Yarn Aboard swap. Thanks again, Becca! The whole Amazing Lace team over here is very happy thanks to your wonderful gift!
Apparently, a third teammate was just the right decision. After the scarf and I even crossed oceans, only to find at least one teammember completely unmodified, the support on four paws seems to make all the difference. Teammember Diamond is having a stretch at the moment. Pictures of the blocked scarf later because otherwise it would already be time to part from the rlace partner under the challenge's conditions.

Fitting to the CTH colourway Champlain Sunset I feel like sharing the sunset from Midsummerday with you. Woah, it is getting darker from now on!
Midsummer sunset over Hafnarfjörður