laugardagur, ágúst 20, 2005

Jailbreak

Busy reading, I literally keep myself enclosed to avoid any distraction. But, ha! - you've heard of the brilliant invention called theinternet? ;-)
Eris cardiganIt was inevitable these days not to come across the wonderful new design from the girl from auntie, Eris. I adored Rogue, but never really dared. However, I fell in love with the Eris cardigan this time. At a moment's notice, the pattern was purchased, and a knitalong was joined (this one is German, anybody know about an English?). Now I really have to try h-a-r-d not to rack my brain over the yarn I'm going to use. Any suggestions?

This will not turn into a Transcendentalist's quotation page, but I thought I'll share another one:

I saw that, if there was a wall of stone between me and my townsmen, there was a still more difficult one to climb or break through before they could get to be as free as I was. I did nor for a moment feel confined, and the walls seemed a great waste of stone and mortar. [...] They plainly did not know how to treat me, but behaved like persons who are underbred. In every threat and in every compliment there was a blunder; for they thought that my chief desire was to stand the other side of that stone wall. I could not but smile to see how industriously they locked the door on my meditations, which followed them out again without let or hindrance, and they were really all that was dangerous.
Henry David Thoreau: Resitance to Civil Gorvernment

3 ummæli:

Lola sagði...

I'm in love with this pattern. Haven't decided which yarn I'll use for it yet.

Nafnlaus sagði...

Isn't this pattern amazing? It looks intimidating, but once you start knitting, it makes perfect sense. I'm using Cascade 220 for mine. I don't know what you have available for yarn there, but I think any nice worsted weight wool will work. As for an English knitalong, I haven't seen one yet, just the German one.

WandaWoman sagði...

There is an English KAL, not a blog, but just a Yahoo Group, it's called kniteris. If you can't find it, go to my blog and click on the Eris KAL button and it will take you to the Yahoo Groups site. There's also a forum somewhee, that's a bulletin board type posting, as opposed to email or blogging, which can be found here: http://forums.cjb.net/eriskal.html